Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Ivy B Feeling Shady.

Hello My Sweet Bees

This will be a wee entry, with the promise of a longer one soon...and perhaps in a very different style than you've previously received from me.  But we'll see...it's a time thing...

So, unless I'm grossly mistaken, which is entirely possible, my next ebook, The Fifth Story,  comes out in a month today! Yes, that's right, on September 7th 2012. It's high time I found my promotion pants or hat or whatever and wear it proudly and until it's worn out. I just have to find the time to do don the garment and spread the word. I'm hoping to put together a book trailer soon as well....but we'll see. Again..its' a time thing.

In the mean time, I've done something I normally don't do. I've succumb to a pop culture phenomenon; yes I've jumped on the "50 Shades" bandwagon. Normally, I leave super popular trends out of my life until the hype has died to a dull roar. But this time, I'm not waiting. I'm genuinely curious about this book and I want to find out why it's so popular!  I have to know! It is a  book of an erotic nature so popular that in the fairly sexually quiet small town where I live, the local book store sold over 200 copies the first week they had it! Apparently, it's graphic and frankly, I'm dying to find out how graphic we're talking here...how it compares with my Between the Lines which is quite graphic, has a bit of kink and...I think I've sold somewhere around 20 copies...sigh...Ms. James has probably sold 20 copies of "50 Shades of Grey" (or is it Gray? I can never remember) while I've been writing this blog entry!

And good for her! I am in no way against her success. I just want to know, in a world that has had erotic fiction for YEARS, why her book has become so popular and so trendy that people are coming out of the erotica closest and letting everyone know that they like hot books.

With that being said, I'll leave you with this; I may be writing a play soon for local cause that is dear to me and I'm thinking of setting it in a diner and calling it "50 Shades of Gravy".

Thoughts?

Oh yes...I think that would go over really well.

Happy Afternoon My Sweet Bee's,

Ivy B off to do paperwork.

xoxox


1 comment:

Linda Kage said...

I love the title 50 Shades of Gravy!!! I haven't read the book yet but I think I will one of these days just to see what it's all about! I'm too curious that way.