Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Ivy B the "Next Big Thing"?

Hello and Good Wednesday to you, My Sweet Bees

It's hard to believe that we're almost at mid-November. A year ago at this time, I was working on my line edits for my first eBook, Breathless Press release. That book, Between the Lines, was released in January 2012. And now, here I am, less than a year later, talking about what will be my third eBook to come to internet shelves this year. It's really been a great year for me, writing wise.

Now, going around author blogs these days is a little questionnaire, called, "The Next Big Thing". The object is to answer questions about a work in progress. Now, I'm not sure if my next eBook fits that bill, (I shouldn't be negative! Yes! It will be! So there!) but I was tagged by fellow Breathless Press Author, Gayl Taylor and decided it would be fun to participate it. Be sure to check out Gayl's "The Next Big Thing" from last week on her blog "She Dreams."

So, here you go...my answers for "The Next Big Thing".

What is the working title of your book?

Baby, You're Cold Inside (and I'm not so much working on it as I am in the editing stage).

Where did the idea come from for the book?

My husband actually helped me come up with it. Breathless Press put a call out for Christmas stories, or holiday stories, and I said yes even though I didn't have an idea and it was 9 days until they needed the stories in! 

What genre does your book fall under?

Paramormal Erotica I suppose would be the best description. 

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie?

Maybe Lily Sinclair, my female lead character, could be played by Maggie Gyllenhaal or Anne Hathaway...someone who would have a lot of fun playing a really cold, successful and powerful woman. For my male lead character, perhaps if Tom Hiddleston or Michael Fassbender are free, either of them would be lovely as Phillip. 

What is a one sentence synopsis of your book?

Just because you're cold doesn't mean you can't make things hot.

Will your book be self published or represented by an agency?

My publisher for this book, like my other 2 eBooks, is Breathless Press.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Once I got cracking, 4 days.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I'm afraid I really don't know...I honestly haven't read any sexy Christmas tales. However, in December, quite a few Breathless Press authors will be releasing holiday inspried, saucy Christmas tales so after December, I'll be better equipped to answer this question. :)

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

I didn't have a book on the go and was in want of a project so the inspiration was really "Why not?"

What else about your book might interest the reader?

This book is based, loosely, on A Christmas Carol. If readers are fans of that holiday favorite, they may enjoy comparing the two. And even if they aren't, that's ok too! My version has a whole lot more sauce and a lot less guilt.

And there you have it, answers to "The Next Big Thing" regarding my work in progress. Now...who should I tag...ah yes...I tag Linda Kage!

This wonderful author has agreed to play along and so be sure to visit Linda's Blog on Wednesday, November 21st and find out why one of her Works in Progress will be"The Next Big Thing".

Until next time,
Ivy B wondering if any of you are working on "The Next Big Thing."!

xoxox

No comments: