Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ivy B Whispering Over Small Things


 Hello Sweet Bees and Welcome to Thursday!

It's the second to last day of the Breathless Press Blurb Blitz! Today we're over at

  See Jane Publish

(Or not...I just poped by to say Thank-you and like one of the sites we were supposed to be on yesterday, we aren't there...maybe later???)

so please stop by and comment. If you comment, you'll be entered to win a Gift Card from Breathless Press. If you don't comment...well, chances are you won't win the Gift Card from Breathless Press. I mean...I don't want to assume, but I'm pretty sure, much like the lottery, you've got to play to win.

Wow...I totally sounded like an ad for the lottery. Sorry about that. 

Ok, back to the blog post! It'll just be a short one. The Doctor is waiting for me. Oh WHO can enough of the Doctor? Not me! sigh...

My stars, I'm getting distracted far too easily today. Alright, so the other day my daughter and I reorganized her room (the things I do for fun would drive you to boggle...not the game...I mean your thoughts would be tampered with in a weird way) and while we were looking at a small box that held her first pair of baby shoes, we both started speaking to each other very quietly. It was my daughter who pointed out that our voices had dropped to the smallness of the shoes.

"Why do we do that?" she asked.

"Do what?"

"Talk really quietly when we think something is small and cute?"

"You know...I don't know...but we do! That's so weird!"

"Ya, right? And then when we see something REALLY BIG, we talk really loud like HOLY COW!"

"That's really funny!" I said, "I've never thought about that before..."

So, I ask you, my dear sweet bees, why is that? When we were looking at the shoes, it's not like there was a sleeping baby wearing them; a sleeping baby that we would wake up if we expressed our delight and joy in loud and uproarious tones! And yes, you must agree, that when you see something grand like a...I don't know...a really big snow removal machine tearing up half your lawn, you must increase your volume of exasperation and yell "They do this every year, why oh why do they do this every year!?" like I do! Or maybe you don't...

My point is, or more to the point, my question to you is: are my daughter and I alone and insane or do you, sweet bees, lower your voice when cooing over something small and sweet and raise your voice in a most unnatural fashion when faced with something large?  And I'm not being rude...I suppose I could be...this  blog of mine does have a warning on it...but I never manged to make it terribly saucy...Oh well!

Ok, I must dash. The Doctor awaits and I believe he will be very appreciative of my reaction to size of his TARDIS. (again...not being rude...it's bigger on the inside you know.)

Until next time, 

Ivy B working on her list! Really! Tomorrow or Saturday...my list will be ready for your approval, scrutiny, inevitable laughter and head shaking.

xoxo

No comments: