Friday, February 15, 2013

Ivy B 40 today...and for the next year...

Hello my Sweet Bees

This is an edited version of post some of you may have read earlier. Things got a bit behind at Joyfully Reviewed and I will be on their site sometime near the end of the month. I'll keep you posted! 

So, as the title of this post heavily suggests, today is my 40th birthday! That's right, Sweet Bee's: Ivy B striding into a new decade; no, no STRUTTING into a new decade. I've been looking forward to this for a while now. I can't put my finger on why exactly and I'm not sure if I'll fee the same way in 10 years, but today, I feel ready for whatever my 40's may bring me. Yesterday, the last day of my 30's, the last day of my being 39, I said to my husband that I never really felt 39. Last year wasn't me being 39, it was the "Next year I'll be 40" year or "I'm almost 40" year. Strange...and a thought I really haven't flushed out enough to put into words.

Perhaps it's because being 39 I felt as though I was on the brink of something amazing and something undiscovered. What today is revealing to me is that as I start my forties, I am starting it with the encouragement of friends and family to try new things and be more me than ever. I just had the most wonderful visit with a lady I met a few years ago, but have only recently started to get to know. She wrote me a poem and gave me one of her paintings; a painting she did years ago and has been holding onto in hope of finding a home for it. She feels this painting which is full of colour, light and beautiful spirits belongs with me. I love it and feel so touched that she saw in me a home for something that means to much to her. 

It may be cliche to say, but I don't feel like I'm getting older, but getting better and I know a lot of has to do with the support I've found from my family and my friends (both my in person and online friends).

Today is my 40th birthday and I'm embracing it. My hope for you all is that you have a special something or someone in your life that you feel ready to embrace if you haven't already done so.

Until next time,

Ivy B smiling from ear to ear and gearing up to get her karaoke on! That's right "Every Rose has it's Thorn" and everyone at my party is going to hear about it.

xoxo

4 comments:

Linda Kage said...

HAPPY 40th Birthday!!!! I hope your party is fun and amazing! I bet you'll blast Axel out of the water with your karaoke performance.

Mary Corrales said...

Happy Birthday, Ivy! Your party sounds like it's going to be the best February event ever.

Cheers to you at 40!

Ivy Bateman said...

Thanks Linda! OH you know me. I'm going to rock it so loud you'll hear me in your neck of the woods! Thanks for the greetings. It's been a great day so far.

Ivy Bateman said...

Thanks very much Mary! I'm pretty excited! Let the festivities commence! Cheers!