Thursday, December 19, 2013

Ivy B Hosting Sheri Velarde/Kelly Ryan and her Not So Silent Night

Hello my dear Sweet Bees and welcome to Thursday!!

Before I introduce my guest for today, I've a wee bit of Ivy news for you first. Tomorrow is release day for Christmas Eve Surprise and remember, if you stop by and comment (with your email) and join me on twitter or join  my blog or like me on facebook, I'll enter your name in a draw for your very own digital copy of Christmas Eve Surprise!

Also, today, and for the next week, my Christmas story from last year, Baby, You're Cold Inside, goes on sale as a Bargain Book on Breathless Press! It's only 99 Cents! That's practically giving it away! Yes, it's true...it's a bit of a chilly tale for the Christmas Season, but you can always warm your soul later with Christmas Eve Surprise. It's all kinds of nice and funny too!

One more bit (yes, yes Sheri/Kelly! I'm almost done my shameless me, me,me, promo) after you've taken your time with my guest Sheri, please come on by


This piece was really interesting to write. It's called "Ivy Bateman's teenage garage sale!". It's a post about various items from my teenage years that you may find for sale if I was to say, have a garage sale. It was a lovely, and slightly painful, trip down memory lane.

And now...without further ramblings from me, please let me introduce my charming and, I'm sorry to say, evil guest for today. Look...I'm just telling you like it is, Sheri took a "What Lord of the Rings Character Are You?" test and it turns out she's Sauron. That's pretty much as evil as you can get. Now, she's been nothing but nice to me so don't let that result scare you...I only told your to warn you.

Sheri Velarde, AKA Kelly Ryan,  is here today today to chat about Not So Silent Night. It's coming to you tomorrow from Breathless Press! Please glue your eyes to the screen and give a long, warm gaze at Sheri Velarde!

***

I'd like to thank Ivy for having me over and letting me talk to you all a little about my new release, Not So Silent Night, and Christmas time in general. I'll try to keep it short, as I know that it is the time of year that people are busy with family, friends and various festivities.


When I think of Christmas I think of gathering with friends and family. I put friends first, because there have been times in my life when family is not around and the family that you choose, aka friends, have made all the difference in my holiday celebrations. Not everyone is around their family at this time of year, due to distance or other circumstances. Some people have no family left and the holidays can seem like a chore for them.


That is the point my heroine Anna is at in Not So Silent Night. She is alone and the very thought of the holidays makes me ill. She has her best friends who never let her wallow in too much self pity, forcing her to be part of their family and celebrations, but it is not until she meets the sexy and otherworldly Russian, Alexander, that she truly begins to feel the spirit. She learns that Christmas is what you make of it, that you can build a family with those you love and if you are willing to open up and enjoy the season, you can. I think that is a lesson that everyone can take to heart at this time of year.


Christmas time can be stressful or lonely, but taking it back to the heart of the matter, celebrating the time and togetherness with those you love can make it all the more enjoyable. Spending time with those who love you can help you get through anything and usually have a good time doing it. That is what Anna learned and I hope that others out there experience the same thing.

 

Blurb for Not So Silent Night


Anna is a lonely woman, running her dead grandmother's flower shop. She hates Christmas and could not feel more lost when a handsome and mysterious Russian, Alexander, walks into her shop and her life. Each has secrets and magic they are harboring. Just as their passion erupts, the good old boys in town threaten to ruin everything. Getting to know each other is tough for most couples, but with a pack of werewolves out to destroy them, things become intense. They find themselves in a fight for their lives. Can their newfound love give them the strength to win against this threat and trust in the future?

 

Excerpt from Not So Silent Night


 "So you just got the quick sketch of my life, so perhaps I can ask where you are from. I love your accent."

"Russia. I grew up right outside of Moscow."

"Russia? Wow! What brings you to small town Vermont? Other than the snow, I can't imagine we are anything like Moscow," Anna said in true wonderment.

"My family came to visit and we wanted to go somewhere quiet. I live in Washington, D.C. now. Here seemed like a good spot for a vacation. And I must say I am glad we picked this town on a whim." Alexander moved even closer to her, close enough they were almost touching and he could gently stroke her hair, sending a visible shiver
down her back. "I am not making you uncomfortable, am I?"

Anna swallowed. "No, uncomfortable is not exactly the word for what you are making me feel." She turned around so she stared up into Alexander's deep blue eyes. They were close enough for her to kiss his full lips and she found herself wanting to very much.

"You are a very beautiful woman, Anna." Alexander stepped even closer so their bodies touched. Anna immediately felt heat rush all through her body from only a little contact. She felt her own blue eyes widen in anticipation.

"Thank you," Anna murmured, feeling a blush spread across her face, so evident on her pale skin. "So are you... I mean, you are very attractive too."

Alexander smiled and leaned down so his lips almost touched hers. "I am going to kiss you now, Anna, unless you tell me not to."

"Umm, okay." Anna's breath grew heavier as Alexander brought his lips to meet hers.

Links to all things Sheri!


 ***

Thank-you to Sheri for stopping by Ivy B today! I wish you all the best with Not So Silent Night.

Until tomorrow, 

Ivy B hoping that like Sheri, you've found the heart of your Christmas Season. 

xoxo


No comments: